Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Football's 2007 Opening Day

I will be spending the next three months teaching Hebrews, so I plan to write about some interesting thoughts and insights which occur during my study. But before I get to more serious topics, something bugs me about the NFL season opener that I have to get off my chest.

The game is going to be great, the Colts vs. the Saints. But what concerns me is the entertainment, John Mellencamp and Hinder are playing, I am not a fan of either, but neither is a big deal. It is the other two artists which I don't get. Faith Hill and Kelly Clarkson. I always considered football to be the most masculine of the major sports (you don't ever hear about a WNFL) and I can't imagine the latter two performers fitting well with the typical NFL audience. Even if maybe Faith Hill has some appeal, whether for her looks or those NFL fans who enjoy country, what place does an American Idol contestant have there? Whoever planned the entertainment at the game would be better booking the next Teen Choice Awards, but should be banned from the NFL.

No comments: